Sunday, February 17, 2008

stoked!

*****Revised 7/30/08*****

Those of you who know me, know how much I love to read.... and when I find a good book, it is almost impossible for me to put it down. Which means nothing else gets accomplished :)

As part of our "welcome kit" from PAETEC, Arunas' book "It Isn't Just Business It's Personal", was included. I started it a little bit ago and hadn't been able to put it down ... until the phone rang! I'm only on page 34, I want to highlight a few pieces of what I have read so far that have me so stoked to work for this company...


  • the company is named after his wife and children ...which yes there are a lot of businesses out there like this, but this is only a small piece of what family means to this company
  • Everyone is expected to keep the big picture in mind. This one is going to be a HUGE culture shock to a large quantity of the legacy McLeodUSA folks.
  • "Our house is your house. But we expect, when you're here, to put as much heart into your as as you would if you owned the company. It's a fair trade."

As of 7/30/2008 - I've deleted a few bullet points at a recommendation of a friend.

I have to say when I first heard about not being able to carry over vacation, I was disappointed. For the first time in working for any company, I have time I've been able to carry over. Before I was always so miserable I'd use the time up as quickly as possible. But, now after reading the above and taking a few steps back, I see the theory behind it and will LOVE every minute of my FOUR weeks of vacation!!

Now, my favorite piece that I've read so far....as of 7/30/2008 - I decided this was one of the pieces I decided I should probably delete, but the next piece involves what I originally had posted here.

It goes on to talk about a customer who has practically begged to become a PAETEC customer ... they've been turned down THREE times! Seriously... I can't wait to dig my feet into the sand... this new journey!

It's been snowing since I woke up at 6:30, I believe we're supposed to get more snow today than we have all season! I'll post the pictures I've taken later. I'm off to read a little bit more then it's time to start working on cleaning some things up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli,

I am going on my 7th year with PAETEC and everything which Arunis wrote in the book is very true.

Enjoy your new experience and especiailly our culture!

Anonymous said...

PAETEC sounds great, very scary when they continue to buy companies left and right.. reminds me of certain other telecom company.

Anonymous said...

Kelli,

This is my third month with PAETEC. I was in Management with Choice One, XO and One Communications. PAETEC is truely in a league of thier own. Our offerings, our culture and the way we go to market makes me wonder why I did not come to PAETEC sooner. If you're truly enjoying Arunis's book, you're going to love your new experience in telecom with PAETEC. The book is real and so is this company!