Tuesday, August 5, 2008

can it be fall already?

Really, this heat is out of control! It's bad when it's 87 degrees at 7:00 am. People are angrier this time of the year, it's bad when high 80's excite me! I am anxious for fall already, and we probably have another good 45-60 days!

This was the temp Monday as I was driving home...


Since the heat and I don't get along, I typically "hibernate" in the summer time. I don't go out unless I have to! This past Saturday a couple of friends and I headed to the market. I spent less than $30, which got me some tomatoes, corn on the cob, 2 cantelopes, some strawberries, these beautiful fresh flowers and breakfast! Not bad, eh?




One of my very good friend's birthday is coming up next week, I'm working on a 'lil somethin to send to her, which I'll post more info after her birthday, just in case she reads this between now and then :)

M, from the office, got us all a free lunch from one of my absolute favorite restaurants - Jose Peppers. I can't wait to eat me some Mexican!!

Other than that, nothing else is going on thanks to this damn heat. Hopefully things will pick up soon and I'll have more exciting things to post about! Have a great rest of the week!

0 comments: