Thursday, August 14, 2008

24 million!!

***Updated 8/17 - pictures from our day at Harvester's below***


Today the team and I volunteered at Harvester's. I love that our company encourages us to give back to the community, it makes my heart warm. Harvester's is the biggest food bank in the KC area. Amy, who gave us the grand tour, told us today they have distributed over 24 million pounds of food and household products over the last year. That numbers is not even fathomable to me. TWENTY FOUR MILLION POUNDS! Our project today was to clean and re-package eggs. A stedious, kind of boring job... but we went through a whole pallot of boxes of eggs in the 3 hours we were there. I got some pictures, just don't have time to download them and post them.

Today, at the end of the day as my boss and I were getting ready to leave, he comes into my office, with a very serious look on his face. We've been going through a lot in our office so I didn't think too much about it. He says "I received a phone call today about you.... from Rochester (our corp office location)." Panic sets in... Ummm, M - you're freaking me out - just tell me what is going on. He kind of gets a little grin on his face then, which I know it's not all that bad then. I'm being asked to step into a higher position in the company... a job that somebody has recommended me for. I can't / won't go into details at this point, not until I know more about it and not until I know it's mine... but I'm very honored. Very surprised and caught off guard. I know I can do the job, not surprised that my name came up, but more surprised that I was asked over a few others. A few others that everybody in the LM side knows their names, knows how good they are. Now, it very well could be they were asked and turned it down... or they're throwing it out there to a few different people, but who knows. And why dismiss that maybe that's not the case that I was the first person that came to people's minds. I can't wait to get the details on this and maybe start a new venture in my career.

Very happy tomorrow is Friday, looking forward to the weekend as the highs are supposed to be in the 70's!!!



PT and PJ checking for cracked eggs

The back of our shirts that the company provides "Caring for our Communities goes hand in hand with caring for our comapny"

Myself, M, B, RR and JT

At the end of the "day" ... PT, JT, MR, M, PJ and RR

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Even if it is a bit early to celebrate. There's not much promotion in the world of teaching so I will bask in your accomplishment. ( I promise I won't suck up too much of it!)