Sunday, August 24, 2008

25 days

A while back M mentioned we should start carpooling. I mean, living 3.5 miles from each other and always headed to the same destination, it was a no-brainer. He thought that he was going to drive all the same and save me the gas (very sweet man, huh?) ... but I'm just not that type of person. I mean, that's very sweet and does it save me money and mileage on my car, HECK yes... but I just couldn't agree to it. He then tried to say we'll go every other month... we finally negotiated and agreed to every other week. It is taking a lot getting used to though, let me tell you. Not having a car when you're hungry at 11 but he's stuck on a conference call that seems never ending... or needing to run an errand over lunch but not wanting to ask your boss to take you somewhere (which if he had the time, I know he'd do it in a heartbeat)...it takes more planning however, which I've learned to do very quickly. I'll buy more snacks in case there is a day that we can't get out for lunch until late, I'll make sure my errands are ran after work or on the weekends ... and then of course understand that there are going to be days that it just won't work for us to carpool. It also means no more going out for drinks unless M is willing to go, which doesn't happen too often anymore... again, more money saved! I'm supposed to drive this week so we'll see how that goes!

Work this month has been insanely busy ....the busiest I have been in a long time. We've sold amost $30K (which we've outsold every other month except May this year... not combined, just month over month), thankfully they haven't been a ton of little sales, it's been 3 big deals. A 22 location (talk about head spinning), and two 6 location accounts. This though, is the type of stuff I enjoy. The type of customers I love working with. I'm so proud and happy for our team... and anxious for the "partay" we'll have to celebrate!

Unlike most weekends lately, this one has been somewhat productive. Friday night, I worked for quite a bit (finished all but one detail on that 22 location account) and then hit the sack pretty early. Saturday morning I had a hair cut, then ran to the library to pick up a few books. One of which I've finished already and started on a 2nd. I picked up
this book and read it already. Even if you are not a country music fan, this is a must read in my opinion. You can read about the details here. I cried a lot, learned a lot and felt the urge to connect with God a lot more after reading this. While searching for the picture to put up here, I found out she has written another book, "The Road Home" and can't wait to read this.

Before I headed home from my hair appt and the library, I wanted to stop and get some tomatoes. I thought about heading down to the city market, but I thought I'd try this little "market" not too far from my house. BIG mistake! BIG BIG mistake!!! I won't be going back there... I picked up about 8 tomatoes (pretty good size, but still!)... I paid 13 freakin dollars for those tomatoes! I could have drove down to the market and back two times for that price! Lesson learned!

My parents celebrated their 36th anniversary this past year. Amazing! They are as happy as ever and still very much in love. I hope to someday have that! They did a little shopping the weekend before, that was their extent of celebrating!

So, what's 25 days? In 25 days I'll get to see family I haven't seen in 9 long months... see friends I haven't seen in almost a year. This is probably the most excited I've ever been to be headed back to Iowa! The delay of my trip in June pretty much sucked! My parents are throwin' a little party for my Dad's side of the family, which I'm excited about. I haven't seen some of that side of the family in well over a year! My grandma's 75th birthday and her and grandpa's anniversary is that weekend, so that being combined with the fact that we don't get together at any holiday anymore, is a great reason to have a party! With 4 "kids" (and their spouses), 9 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren, nobody has a house big enough to all gather in at the holidays. I'll be spending part of my time in Mt Pleasant with family (and seeing a few friends) and then the rest of my time will be spent in Cedar. I am anxious to see how they've turned things around, see what the city is like since the floods.

Well...I think that is enough for now, besides the fact that my washer stopped about 15 minutes ago! And my tummy is growling for some lunch!

Have a great week everyone!

Oh, one last thing, a big CONGRATULATIONS to Melissa and Lance on their nuptials yesterday! Sorry I missed it, I can't wait to see pictures!

0 comments: