Tuesday, July 29, 2008

nothing new & 100 things

Not a whole lot has been goin' on... last week we had a few visitors in town, we of course celebrated Happy Hour. I should not have drove home that night, but the important part is that I made it home and nobody was hurt. Waking up the next morning was a b*tch, but nothing that a few Advil and drinks of a Pepsi didn't cure. Sadly, didn't get any pictures.

This past weekend was okay.. I slept ALL day Saturday, true story. I was probably awake for a total of 2 hours. Sunday I ran errands and took care of some things around the house. Got some bad news about my Uncle J and Grandpa. Been doing lots of praying for them and our family. I also had to tell my Mama some bad news...something I knew was bound to happen but I had to be the bearer of bad news.

Other than that, I finally finished the "100 things about me". Hopefully I don't bore ya'll to death! So... here goes!


1. I was born in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa .. but raised in a town so small it doesn’t even have it’s own zip code.

2. I hate, despise, would give up eating for a month to pay somebody (hate it that much), cleaning my bathrooms. I’m not sure why as it typically doesn’t take that long, I just do.

3. There are only a handful of people who can say my last name right.

4. My first name gets misspelled probably 98% of the time.

5. I attended 3 colleges before graduating with my Bachelors.

6. I am an Aunt to 6 extraordinary kids (only 2 are blood related)

7. I moved to Kansas City in 2006, not knowing a single soul.

8. Even though I don’t feel I am meant to be a Mommy, I get sad and jealous when I see pregnant women or Mommies with their babies.

9. Even though I don’t think I’ll ever be a Mom, I already have names picked out should I ever be blessed with children.

10. I would love to be a professional photographer

11. I love my two best friends as if they were my sisters.

12. I’m the only one out of my close group of friends that does not have kids.

13. There are very few things that I will eat left-over.

14. I’ve had two out-patient surgeries in my life.

15. I can be an emotional train-wreck sometimes.

16. Hate needles, but I want a tattoo so bad I can taste it.

17. If I can ever decide on what I want as a tattoo, I hope I can brave the pain and get one.

18. I hate talking on the phone, unless its my Mama.

19. At this very moment – I work for a telecom company … funny how that works, huh?

20. I am a text whore. I can text you quicker than calling to tell you what I need to tell you most of the time.

21. I am one of the worst people at knowing who sings a song or who plays in “that movie”… irritates me but I’ve come to accept the fact.

22. I don’t want a church wedding.

23. I want to get married in Vegas with my parents, his parents and my two best girlfriends… and of course if he wants any of his guy friends.

24. I grew up listening to country and oldies.

25. Today I listen to rap, metal, Top 40’s, oldies and some country.

26. I haven’t been to the movie theatre since 2005 (pretty sad, huh?)

27. I LOVE flying, even though I get a little anxious when I’m sitting at the airport waiting.

28. I’ve bought 4 cars without anybody else with me (giving advice, negotiating, etc).

29. I’ve owned an ’82 Buick Skylark, GMC Sonoma, Chevy S-10, TWO Chevy Silverado’s, Hyundai Santa Fe, Chevy Trailblazer and a Nissan Altima (this one is all about the gas mileage)

30. I am a truck-girl through and through but can’t afford the gas prices this day and age for the amount of miles I drive.

31. If I’m ever blessed with children, I want all boys.

32. I’m getting to be more “crafty”.

33. I wish some days I lived in Iowa again, I miss my friends and family terribly. He has a reason for me being in KC though.

34. Growing up, the cousins on my Dad’s side were more like brothers and sisters to me than cousins (there were 8 of us)

35. I could eat Mexican every day and never get sick of it.

36. I could eat pizza every day and never get sick of it either.

37. Not a big fan of onions or peppers. I like the flavor but I think its texture that makes me dislike them.

38. Some days I think I am a dancer and music artist in another life. As bad of a dancer and singer as I am, I LOVE to think I’ll someday be able to do both.

39. My maternal grandfather passed on my Mom’s birthday, when she was pregnant with me.

40. My maternal grandmother passed a week after my Mom’s birthday.

41. Growing up, my parents spoiled us rotten on our birthdays. They made us feel like we were the only person that mattered on our special days, I miss those days as much as I think they miss being able to do that for us.

42. The top 10 cities I want to visit before I kick it: SF, LA, Vegas, NYC, Chicago, Nashville, Seattle, Fayetteville and Raleigh.

43. Even though I haven’t been in school for 10 years, when the season starts changing to fall I wake up feeling like I’m back in school again.

44. If I had to choose between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I’d choose Thanksgiving in a heartbeat! Though I love the food, it’s not all about that.

45. Though I love KC, I don’t see myself staying here forever.

46. I will either end up back in Iowa somewhere (to be closer to friends and family) or a place like Chicago or Orlando.

47. My family was not a big “touchy-feely” family growing up, I’m slowly adjusting and learning to be that type of person. I LOVE giving hugs and love receiving a good hug.

48. While most ladies consider cocky and arrogant men a huge turn-off, I love me a cocky and arrogant man.

49. I would rather eat cookies in dough form than the finished product

50. My favorite dessert is my Mama’s yellow cake with homemade chocolate frosting.

51. I have recently become addicted to Long Island Teas.

52. While I can slam ‘em down with the best of the boys, I rarely drink at home.

53. Nothing will ever top hearing the words “I love you” from the children in my life. Melts my heart every time.

54. I love watching HGTV and TLC. I’ll put all those great ideas to use at some point!

55. I want to build, well pay somebody to, my own home someday.

56. I made a scrapbook for my blood nephew and niece of their Pre-K years. It brought on a lot of laughs and tears… I’m truly blessed to know two such amazing people.

57. I am a HUGE college football fan, but have never been to a game.

58. It always amazes me that when I buy a CD for a few songs I end up finding one or two others that I come addicted to and then within the next few months they always become top hits on the radio.

59. Nobody can cook lasagna like my Mama... it’s the best hands down!

60. I love getting new recipes (to cook or bake) but don’t often prepare them since I would be the only one trying it and it would be a huge waste of food if I don’t like it.

61. My favorite color is pastel yellow.

62. Favorite flowers are tulips, yellow roses and calla lilies.

63. I hope to someday be with a man who is “handy” … around the house, with the cars, etc.

64. My favorite scents are fresh mowed lawns, men’s cologne and babies.

65. I hate being late to anything. I don’t find myself being as early anymore, but I’m hardly ever late.

66. Within the last 6 months I just became an owner of an iPod… little behind on times, I know.

67. Volunteering at Habitat for Humanity (even with as little as I did because of the heat) was one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve ever had. I will do it again someday soon (once it cools off)

68. I was a Big Sister through the Big Brothers Big Sisters program.

69. I love to read

70. I can’t put a book down once I get into it… that means skipping meals, staying up late, etc.

71. I am addicted to most celebrity gossip, I read People and US Magazine online pretty much on a daily basis.

72. On a VERY RARE occasion I am a girly-girl…typically a tom-boy.

73. I talk to my Mama 6 or 7 days out of the week, sometimes for an hour or more, sometimes for just a few minutes.

74. I’ve had 11 piercings at one point, all on my ears.

75. Since I started driving, I’ve never not had a car payment.

76. I want either a chocolate or yellow labrador.

77. I love how each of my friends inspire me in different ways and how they are all so different, in good ways of course!

78. Being stubborn runs deep through both sides of my parent’s families.

79. I get told many times throughout a day how pretty my eyes and eyelashes are.

80. One of my best friends and I got my cousin pulled over after being at the bar for far too long one night … we were hanging out the car window, which apparently caught the cops attention!

81. There is a funny story about me that only a few select people ever remember that involve the lines “the toilet flushed”.

82. I have horribly ticklish feet. Getting a pedicure is a chore, as hard as that is to fathom for most ladies – it kills me. And don’t try to touch them, I kick like a mule when people get close ...ha!

83. My Dad took me deer hunting with him when I was younger once. I cried when he shot “Bambi”, he never took me again! Ha

84. My maternal grandmother used to make homemade play-doh with us kids when she babysat us, one of my most vivid memories of her.

85. I remember screaming bloody murder out my grandmother’s patio window at my parents as they were driving away for the Kenny Rogers concert to not leave me.

86. I had my adenoids taken out when I was 4 or 5, still have my tonsils.

87. I cut the bottom of my left foot wide open when I was 3 or 4 on a culvert in my grandparents yard. Freaked my family out pretty bad.

88. I wrecked my cousins dirt-bike in my pre-teen years that sent me to the emergency room for stitches. We waited something like 2 hours before a doctor saw me, which only made the injury worse because it had started closing up.

89. I LOVE LOVE LOVE thunderstorms.

90. I was just in the 2nd car accident of my life at the age of 28.

91. I have a very very bad lead foot.

92. I’ve only been ticketed once in my life. I ran a red light (by accident, promise) … but the damn cop ticketed me for speeding.

93. I have been pulled over two other times for speeding and got off with a warning.

94. One of the times I was pulled over, the cops clocked me at 75 in a 55mph zone. (Can you blame me? My mama was having a heart attack and was in the hospital an hour south of where I was living… I was a crying, emotional wreck).

95. I don’t like most veggies… carrots, potatoes and cauliflower (if breaded and fried) are the only ones I can stand.

96. I have a fan going in my house probably about 340 days of the year.

97. I don’t like going out to eat by myself. If I do, it’s either curbside pick-up or drive through.

98. I hate the fact that at such a “young age” I have to color my hair to get rid of the grays.

99. Two of my all time favorite songs are Footloose and Brown Eyed Girl.

100. I would wear jeans (or jean shorts) and t-shirts 365 days a year if I could get away with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious as to why you think you won't be a mom or that you wouldn't make a good one. I often thought the same things for a lot of reasons but have learned that being a good mom means a lot of different things to a lot of diffferent people.

Anonymous said...

Or more precisely, after re-reading your post, why you think you weren't meant to be a mom. That's a more acurate question.