Monday, July 21, 2008

taken for granted

I haven't been at work since Thursday afternoon / evening. I was hoping to have a nice, relaxing, productive 4-day weekend. That all fell through Saturday night.... when my AC in the house stopped working. I didn't realize it wasn't working through until Sunday. It apparently was cool enough in here Saturday that it held through until Sunday morning. It was a LONG, HOT day and night yesterday.

Thank goodness for the fan I bought a few weeks back...I bought it in hopes to be able to keep the air circulated in the house enough that I wouldn't have to run the air so low. Well, it has been my saving grace. Last night at about 11:00 p.m. I'd had enough. I packed up a few things and was going to go stay in a hotel. About 1/2 way there I decided I was being a wuss and there are people who have no fan and are struggling to stay alive in heat like this, so I turned around after a few tears and came back home.

I'm sitting here now, sweating my ass off, waiting on the people to get here to fix my AC. Apparently somebody needs more help than me! I'll be so thankful once its fixed and hopefully not take everything for granted.

The week will turn around and it will get better!

0 comments: