Wednesday, July 16, 2008

hafta vent & lots of pics



So the venting piece - I can't get over, and I know I'm not the only one nor the first to say this, but it still blows me away that Cedar Rapids Iowa has their town flooded, something like 4000 houses lost and do you hear anything about charity events or concerts being held to raise money for these folks? Do you see anything being done by our country to take care of our people? HELL no! Why? A few reasons in my opinion ...1 - it's not a big city like New Orleans, 2 - it hasn't affected celebrities or where their concerts may be held, 3 - more importantly - OUR folks will pull together and take care of each other. They don't need (well, really they do) the help from the US population as we Iowa'ns will take care of EACH OTHER!!

I cried while watching this video... watch it closely. You'll see the stickers on the houses indicating their "status". Safe to enter, not able to enter, etc.

Now, onto the good part, pictures. There is quite a few :)

More pics from the Clark family visit...
Amanda n Samantha

The only pics I got from when my Mama was here (and they were from my cell... ugh)
Mom at Crown Center at their Christmas Store... (click on the picture to make it bigger and read her shirt - it's pretty damn funny)

At the Crayola Store... that is a life size crayon box!

Habitat for Humanity day...
Mark on the ladder, Mary pointing and Matt observing
Bryan's ride for the day... bastard! I'm so jealous!
One of the houses we worked on
PT still smiling after a hard days work

Our team (and the supervisor)
Front row L to R: Mike, Mary, Duane, or Big D (the supervisor)
Back row L to R: Mark, Brad, Mike, Paul, Bryan, Jill, myself and Matt

The after Habitat for Humanity party!
Out on the lake on Mark's boat!

A few pics from Patti's visit... damn I miss this girl!

Mother & Son
Joey, Patti & Zach (LOVE Patti's expression!)
Me, Patti and Zach (sun was in Z's eyes)
BFF! Seriously, there are no words to express how much I miss her and what I wouldn't give to live down the complex again from her! When you movin' to KC girl?!?! Love ya to pieces!

And last but not least, I went out to Lake Jacomo Sunday night... to wind down, to relax... had a little picnic by myself, read a book and got some good photos!

Little man chasin the geese, it was so stinkin cute! The smile on his face is priceless!

They were tired of him so back in the water they went!





These two young kids brought these old cars down for some pics, very nice cars!!

WOW! I think that's enough for now :o) I'm ready for my Friday & Monday "off work" days to be here!

2 comments:

Susan said...

very cool - I will share w/ patti

Kelli said...

Thanks Susan!