Wednesday, July 23, 2008

car accidents SUCK!

I was involved in a car accident this morning (only the 2nd one in my life)...before I go on, I'll answer the first question I've heard all day... yes, I'm okay.

Long story - only because I'm not yet tired and I have nothing better to do at this point... so, if you're not interested to read the rest - you got the point of the story at the very beginning :)

I had to take my car into the shop this morning for the sun roof to get fixed (yes, I've only had the car for 7 months, that is a whole other story). B picked me up at the dealership and we made our way to the office. We were talking about him riding his Harley and how one of the reasons he doesn't ride it to work is because of the traffic and how crazy rush hour traffic can be and he is afraid people aren't going to see him braking or slowing down and hit him from behind. Not 2 minutes later, we were hit from behind!

Traffic started slowing down, we saw break lights in all 4 lanes of traffic...about 2 seconds later we saw cars ahead of us swerving to miss hitting the car in front of them, we heard breaks squeeling. B looked back and said something like "shit we're going to get hit" and then BAM! A truck apparently wasn't paying close enough attention or going too fast to get stopped in time... he hit a grand am, who then hit us. B and I got out to make sure everyone was okay, both other people were on the phone so I assumed they were calling the police. Now, mind you this is at about 7:40 in the morning - traffic was already backed up, well ... ha - HE (truck guy) made it way worse! Well after about 5-10 minutes of sitting there (the drivers were collecting insurance info, etc) I asked if anybody had called the cops... uh NO! We sat there another 5 minutes or so before the cops got there and then about 5 of them showed up!

All 4 parties were un-injured. B's car had minor damage to the bumper (thank god he was attempting to get away from them or it would have been worse), the grand am has to be totalled (her back end was up where the trunk starts back by the glass) and the truck who started it had some front end and I'm guessing the radiator is shot.

My neck is a little sore and I have a headache, but other than that I'm good. We were all very lucky and blessed, it could have been a 10 car pileup and probably a lot more injuries had people not been moving to the shoulder or to the left to avoid hitting others.

And as if you don't hear enough about me me me, I'm working on a post that is "100 things about me" ... stay tuned!

0 comments: