Sunday, July 13, 2008

3 of 3

My BFF Patti was down this weekend with her son and a teenager friend (hence the 3 of 3 or 3 busy weekends in a row). I never forget how much I miss this girl and seeing her only makes the time in between harder. They got into town around 6:00 pm Friday evening. We had dinner at Applebee's where I (maybe we) experienced one of the worst waitress experiences in my life. I think I've never tipped only one other time. For a $42 tab and 4 of us eating, she only got $1. It was that bad, seriously. After dinner we drove around downtown then came home to shoot off some fireworks.

Saturday we didn't get up until around 11:00. Had lunch at Red Robin (yummy! It was my first time there) then came home to change into swim gear and headed to Oceans / Worlds of Fun. We got there around 2:30 and didn't leave until 11:30pm. I was exhausted! But I didn't let that stop me - we then headed to Perkins for dinner as we hadn't eaten.

We all slept in until around 11:00 again today, had a quick and cheap lunch and they left :( I haven't had time to download the pics yet - which sadly I didn't take very many. I left my camera in the car Satuday in fear of it getting wet and ruined and regretted not having it so many times. I'm thinking about buyin a cheap digital camer that won't piss me off if it gets ruined. Pics to follow on a separate post.

I miss her and Z already, but it'll only be a few months this time instead of SEVEN! I'm flat out exhausted (even with sleeping in until 11:00). I took tomorrow off, it'll give me a chance to run a few errands but also catch up on some sleep!!

Now...back track a few days. :o)

This week flew by so fast! Mark was still out Monday so the day was over in a heartbeat - or so it felt like! Tuesday and Wednesday flew by with him trying to catch up and me trying to get everything ready for being out of the office for a few days. Thursday the team and I volunteered at Habitat for Humanity. It was so effin hot! It pissed me off that every time I tried to move around to do stuff I felt like I was going to hurl. I felt like a big 'ol loser who didn't help in any way. I'm tellin you, the heat and I dont' jive. We started off tearing down some siding (because it wasn't put up right), tressels were put up on a porch, a stair case was torn out to put a landing in, the staircase put was put back in, a roof was being prepared to be shingled, more siding was put up. We all enjoyed it, I can't wait to do it again! I will however make sure it's done in the spring or fall next time though! Pics to follow of this as well.

For now, I'm off to do some laundry and maybe catch a little nap!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments: