Wednesday, April 16, 2008

where does the time go?

I finally had my housewarming party... only after 6 months of living here! Everyone really seemed to like the house and the colors! I think I'm ready to do a little more painting though...my kitchen is next on the project list. I've picked out 4 colors online (brittlebrush, bee, butterfield and gambol gold) and hope to get the samples this week or weekend to decide which one I want. Other than the fact that it was freakin cold outside and the heat had to be ran, the party went really well!

My parents came down Friday evening and left Monday afternoon. It'd been four months since I had seen them - a damn long time! They helped get things ready for the party, helped hang ... well, ok they hung a shelf in the garage for me, took down a towel bar in the 1/2 bath, which required patching holes and then took my old desk back to Iowa... my garage is freakin clean, finally! They saw my need for more storage in the kitchen so they bought me an island for my birthday! I can't freakin wait until it gets here and put together! It was great to spend some time with my parents... June is only a few months away!

I think spring is finally here and it might just stick around! I can't wait to get my grill and be able to start cooking on it! With the nicer weather, the tulips at the office are in full bloom and SO pretty! I need to take a few minutes and take some pictures.

Last thing before I sign off... I'm getting my windows tinted on the car this weekend! I've wanted this done since I bought the car but thought it'd cost a good chunk of change... a friend got his done for $160... cha-ching! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

1 comments:

The Naths said...

You had a party, and you didn't invite ME???!!!! I'm hurt!!