Sunday, April 27, 2008

It is that time again

Yup, you guessed it, it is the end of the month. Cram time for the sales team to get their sales in to hit their numbers so they still have a job... and for us back office folks, well... you've heard the story before!

Last week was Administrative Appreciation week...the team surprised me Friday with a pot luck and named it Kelli Day. Funny how things work out as Friday was also my 2 year anniversary of being in KC. I work with some of the best people around! Ha, ask me if I still agree to that come Tuesday/ Wednesday and that might be a different story :)

Mark's boss comes into town Tuesday and Wednesday, nobody is quite sure why. The question has been asked if it's chopping block time, nobody knows. Only time can tell...

I got notification a little over a month ago that I have to serve my time in doing jury duty. I was stoked when I got that piece of mail 3 years ago when I lived in Iowa, but I dread it now, and for a few reasons. 1- Driving in downtown KC through the week is a freakin bitch, 2- Trying to find parking is going to suck ass, 3 - it's the end of the month and falling behind on work load sucks ass also. Hopefully I'm not selected as a juror, even though it was something we all should have to do at some point. So I got my book ready as I anticipate getting downtown early enough for a good parking spot and for when I'm waiting inside.

A third of my team leave for Jamaica on Friday or over the weekend (as part of the President's Club), I am envious but also can't wait for them to be gone. The office will be quiet, relaxed yet a load of fun. It worries me that Mark will be gone, which means those of us there will be pushing to go to Happy Hour earlier in the day than normal. I have a goal starting May 1st to do better at either limiting the number of alcohol I consume in a day or just not going. The gang at Fuel should know our team rather well by now.

I went this past week with a co-worker to get my toe nails painted... I just can't do a pedicure. My toes are too damn ticklish. It pisses me off because I would like to get one, rather than trying to do it myself. Maybe someday... but the french manicure looks really good, I'm going to try and stick with that this summer.

My company gives every individual 4 hours per month of community service time, which says a lot to me about this job. In a few weeks the KC team will be completing their first community service project, volunteering at Catholic Charities, at their retail store Turnstyles. They're one of our largest non-profit customers in the KC metro area. I'm very excited and greatful for this opportunity. As of right now, our next job will be at Habitat for Humanity in July.

Anywho... that's enough ramblings for now... have a great week everyone. Happy early May Day!

0 comments: