Friday, April 4, 2008

can this day be over already?

Let me run you through the series of events that occured today ...

1- Almost hit a deer this morning
2- Our all day meeting starts and about 1/2 hour into it people are bitching and complaining, about asinine things.
3- During meeting, our boss announces a position change within our office - I know now that I need to start looking for a new job as of this weekend.
4- I try to VPN in to find out my "new" laptop doesn't have wireless like my old one, so I can't get logged in to check emails and orders.
5- I spill my vodka & cranberry ALL over my pink shirt at happy hour.
6- I get lost trying to get home to change from downtown.
7- At a stoplight trying to get back onto the interstate to go meet friends for dinner (who are in from out of town), a bird shits inside my car and gets all over my car and sleeve - mind you, I just changed into this outfit.

What a freakin day!! To try and turn things around and look at things in a better way....
1- I didn't hit the deer, the 7 of them went on about their way.
2- The meeting ended on a positive not and the team was okay with how the meeting went.
3- At happy hour, our boss tells those of us that are there that the position change / offer is being retracted (at least for now)... I'll be sticking around for now!
4- A co-worker let me borrow his laptop so I was able to check on a few things.
5- The few sips I had of my cocktail was good :) And we were sitting OUTSIDE drinking!
6- I made it home safely.
7- Washing the clothes will get rid of the bird poo ....

So on that note, I'm off to do laundry.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comments:

The Naths said...

Nowe, when things are going that bad for me I laugh. I don't know if it is from stress or what, but I sometimes have that feeling like I'm in a comedy, but oops....someone forgot to tell me. Or you start looking for the camera from "Candid Camera." Well, at least you had an eventful day to write about, right? =)