Monday, October 13, 2008

I must say, I'm pretty proud of myself... I have over 100 pics from last week and this past weekend and I only ended up uploading "a few"!

in Denver at the hotel

*sigh* I love the mountains

This past weekend, 3 of my very good girlfriends came down from Iowa. We laughed so hard, had so much fun and are planning another one in the spring!

They got in around 4:30 Friday afternoon, after unloading their car, we talked for a few minutes then left for dinner.... Texas Roadhouse, yum!
Mmmmm.... beer
Patti being funny
After 2 or 3 silly ones, finally... a good pic!
here's to you Shaun.... hehehe
Amanda and me
After dinner, we ran across the street to Wal-Mart for drinks and snacks for the night (which who would have thought we'd need snacks after dinner... geesh). Anyways, they had punkins (my version of pumpkins :o) ) for $1.98 - the big ones! Patti wanted one that was at the very bottom of the box and the shortest of us all, Tammy, decided to climb in the box and get it out for her. We all almost pissed our pants laughing at her. People were stopping to take pictures of her.

After Wal-Mart we decided to start the night off right... at a bar! Hehe...
Tammy's drink and shot... that I ended up drinking.
My drink
3 of the 4 shots empty - 4th one is above, I just had yet to drink it.

We tried to convince M to stop by, but he wussed out. Patti made him promise and threatened him if he didn't show up. I told him we'd stop by at 2 am if they didn't show up since he promised. After we agreed he wasn't going to show up, we decided to come back to my place to drink some more.

Towards the end of the night....
Dancing the night away!

Glamour... work it Tammy!
We followed through on our threat to M that night... not sure what time it was but we headed over to his house to leave him a nice present since he broke his promise. LOL - he was cleaning it up as we drove by Sat AM.
The night ended at about 3:30 am...after puking twice. I couldn't believe it, I've drank way more in the past and only ever thrown up once before. I tried to lay down next to Patti but woke up around 4:15 b/c she was snoring in my face... silly girl. I was up at 7:30 for our nail appt.

We were all so tired, the pedi felt so good to all of us!!
We ate Mexican for lunch and then headed down to Crown Center for the punkin fest / patch.


Patti, Tammy and Amanda with the scare crow

Patti in the firetruck
Amanda in the firetruck




Patti, Tammy, Amanda


It was pretty warm Saturday afternoon... the kids all looked like they were enjoying themselves. From Crown Center we headed back to my place. Patti and I took a nap while Amanda and Tammy watched a movie. We ate a late dinner and then lounged around my place afterwards.
We got up Sunday morning, had brunch then the girls left, of course not before we got a group picture.

Haha... Tammy is a bit on the shorter side, so I wanted to make sure the camera position would get her in the picture. I set the timer and showed her where to stand, she thought I meant right beside me - this is me pushing her into the camera view!

To my girls: I had SO much fun and hopefully you did too. I will cherish those memories forever, including the "incident" while at M's house Friday night! I can't wait for our next girls weekend!!

0 comments: