Saturday, October 25, 2008

awwwe, kittens and puppies

For our community service this month, we volunteered at Waywide Waifs. The majority of the morning we did "busy work" ... filing paperwork, cleaning out a storage closet and getting paperwork ready for scanning. The rest of the morning, we socialized the kittens and puppies. Basically, we got to play with the kittens and puppies. Being a cat and dog lover, I had so much fun! I had one 'lil kitten (whose name was Chatty Cathy, imagine that!) that just latched onto me and cried everytime I put her down. As soon as I picked her back up she purred and just loved on me. We moved on to the dogs... and OMG melt my heart! Derrick was my friend, he sat on my lap, ran around for awhile and then sat on my lap some more. *sniff*

I got one pic of one of us with the kittens but that is it...but here are some with us and the puppies.


the gang

Brenda trying to give me a kiss

Brenda and me


Brenda chewing on Pam's pants

J and Derrick. Aint he cute??

Mike playing with the kittens.
I had so much fun that I applied to do some volunteer work on my own. The place was a 'lil rank - but that's to be expected with all these animals.
Its a weekend of R&R for me. Have a few things I need to get done but no real plans. Have a great weekend ya'll!

1 comments:

ObsidianBlade31 said...

Soo cute! You guys are doing great on your community service! I need to get our team moving on that. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!