Sunday, May 10, 2009

Spring Iowa trip 2009

It's been an interesting 30 days....I've went from back to liking my job to hating it, and hating it so bad that I asked a realtor to look into selling my condo. After about an hour on the phone with M this past week, I think I'll be back to liking my job come tomorrow, at least I hope anyway.

Church is still great. I went to Women's Bible Study a few weeks back. Loved it. I was overwhelmed with emotions and can't wait to go back this week. Last week a few of us started in a class called Christianity 101. Enjoying it as well.

This past week I went to Iowa. I had planned this trip around seeing my cousin and her new baby. Of course, I crammed a million other things and people in (or at least that is what it felt like). I went to the Hiawatha office to meet some of the people I work with and to say hi to others. I ran into a high school classmate's brother (she was actually my best friend during HS) and found out she is pregnant! I can't believe it, I'm so happy for her! He also said their sister just recently had a baby and showed us pictures, she's a doll baby! It was a short trip (or it felt like anyway) but I'm glad to be back home and get back into my routine.

Now, onto picture overload... and yes, 100% out of order.

New do

Smiley R... I'd talk to him and he would smile and smile but as soon as I pulled the camera out, this is what I got.... hehe, silly boy!
again...
I avoided that picture pretty good

smilin' at his Mama

this is his big brother, O. He did not want to smile for the camera..
this is the best C got. He's such a turkey

Where's O?
H playing in the fountain at Fiesta Del Sol
H and T making vampire faces... I think they were vampires, don't quite remember!
T's husband B and Em!
H playing with her Mama's lip gloss. She became very shiney after all was said and done!
Cheeeeeese
Z after jumping the ramp
the ramp
--As I was driving home yesterday, I got a text from Z's mama that he had broken his arm! Dang skate boards! He's in a sling now until Monday and then will get it set and get the cast. I wish I could sign it for him! I told him he'd done something his Aunt had never done - break a bone!
Z's mama, one of my bff, P.
serious
and the reason I went to Iowa! This is my cousin and her 2 boys, C & C.

Big brother & little brother

Very proud!

looks so much like his daddy!


one of the onesies I "made" for him
the last one! Not the best, but hey, it was my first time!

My company gives us a smaller budget every spring & fall to have a "kids" party. We went to Paradise Park and had fun! Great place to take your kids if you're in the KC area.


our bracelets for the day




the nerf ball area & machines were TOO loud!
The video below is my nephew (who broke his arm) jumping the ramp.

And last but most certainly not least, Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there. Though I may never be one and be able to truly understand what it takes to be someone's Mama, there will never be enough words or ways to say thank you to all the Mothers, especially my Mama. Thank you for everything you give, you do, thank you for loving me even at my weakest moments, thank you for being my best friend, the shoulder to cry on... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You don't know how much it hurt to not be there with you today, but I love you even more for understanding why I wasn't. I love you Mama and can not wait to see you and my Daddy next month.

1 comments:

The Naths said...

Looks like you had an awesome time! Hope the job gets better for you. Glad you are enjoying church and bible study. I love women's Bible studies because you can be as emotional and girly as you want....and usually there's chocolate around somewhere too. =) Have a great day!