Monday, March 23, 2009

It's been a helluva last 8 or 9 days. Saturday I woke up realizing I didn't have my phone, or wasn't sure where it was. Didn't think too much about it as I don't normally receive a lot of phone calls. Went to church Sunday, great service. Walked out feeling incredible and ready to take on the day. Finally found my phone and had 5 voice mails and 3 texts to call my Mama. Not good... my Uncle J was going downhill and fast. Docs had given him 24 hours Sunday morning. By Sunday night things appeared to be somewhat on the mend so I decided to go to work on Monday. He passed away Monday night, I left for Iowa Tuesday AM.

Met an incredible pastor, learned a lot of great stories about my Uncle J and my Mama and Aunt growing up, and spent a lot of time with great family. The service was great, the pastor wrote an incredible eulogy.

It sucks, and it sucks bad. But, he is out of pain and he's livin' the life with my grandparents I'm sure. Of which, I'm very jealous of!

I got to see one of my BFF while I was back. We had lunch then spent a little time together while my parents were looking for a dress shirt for my Pa. I miss her tons!

Not a lot else to say right now... still trying to figure things out. Have a great week!

0 comments: