Saturday, September 18, 2010

Unbelievable!

What a week it has been...

Sunday I cleaned my rear end off... my Aunt was here Monday. I worked for 90 minutes Monday and then spent the rest of the day with her. We had a lot of fun, and ate some great food! We ate
here for lunch and here for dinner. SO SO SO good. We watched the movie "Date Night" (I had watched it Sunday) and laughed our butts off. She left Tuesday morning before I even left for work, she was missin' her babies!

Monday during the movie I received a call that I had gotten the job promotion I had applied and interviewed for. I was SO excited and happy. Tues and Wed went by so quick, knowing that I was going to be starting a new job and because the Bman was out of town. I cleaned my office out, cleaned up the office some - it was just a great week thus far.

Thursday I get to the office and have a voice mail from the Bman...
"Kelli, if you're on speaker pick the phone up. I want to apologize for the way things have turned out... (phone starts cutting out) ... go ahead and ship the laptop back to the office (phone goes silent for about 10 seconds) ... again I'm really sorry. There should be an email coming out shortly, if you haven't gotten it already. I'm in training so I'll have to call you on my next break." I immediately started shaking, not really understanding what had just happened. Was I being fired? Did I lose the promtion? I tried to call Bman, of course no answer. I tried to call the hiring manager, no answer. The more I thought about it, the more worried I got. I was afraid the past few months trouble with the Bman was taking its toll, so I tried to call HR, no answer. I sent a text to Bman "WTF? Did you just fire me?" About an hour later he finally called and was laughing! Are you kidding me?!?!? I freaked out on him, what is going on? His phone was STILL breaking up, so he hung up. He called me a minute or so later, no he wasn't firing me! Whew... BUT. I lost the promotion. The company is making some alignment changes and will be eliminating this position soon. It is disappointing but oh my gosh is God good! If I would have transitioned to this new position, I would have been out of a job within the next 30-90 days. Yikes! So, I am beyond thankful that I have a job and will wait for the next opportunity to arise.

Friday was kind of painful since our numbers stink right now and because it was the last day for one of our reps. This guy was liked by everybody on the team, which it has been quite awhile since we've had that. He will be greatly missed!

Today so far has been busy. Supposed to be going to a friends house to watch the Iowa game, but I can't get Jax to leave my side. He is scared to death of storms... he is half laying on me, half laying on the couch as I type this with his eyes wide open. Let's hope this storm passes soon so I can head out!

Hope you've had a better week and have a great weekend!

0 comments: