Saturday, September 11, 2010

Been too long

I am not sure if anybody even still reads my blog, which is fine. I thought I'd post more frequently on blogger for awhile since there seems to be tooooo much drama on FB and I'm not sure if I'm ready to delete the people creating that drama or to just take a break, so taking a break I am :)

In May I celebrated the big 3-0. Nothing really changed except I left the 20's. My mom had planned on coming down with my nephew and neice and when they got here they surprised me with my Aunt. A great surprise and we had a great weekend!

In June I drove myself to the ER and was hospitalized for a few days. I woke up on a Saturday after sleeping downstairs with Jax and went to take him outside. From the staircase to the patio door, which is only about 10 feet, at that, I was out of breath. I wasn't sure if it was just because it was so muggy or just waking up and being so muggy out so I didn't think a whole lot of it. I went upstairs to shower and thought I was going to die by the time I made it to the top of the stairs. I was scared as heck by that time. I went and laid down in my bed and after a few minutes I seemed to be fine. I laid there for awhile, nothing changed but I was still worried. I decided if I was going to have to do the Dr I needed a shower. From my bed to the bathroom I was in tears, I couldn't breathe. I took a quick shower, threw on some clothes and got in the car. On the way there I called my parents and told them they might want to pack their bags and head down... oh and I also combed my hair :) I got to the ER and told them I was having a hard time breathing but no chest pains. The nurse comes out with a wheel chair and says "I understand you're having chest pains"... wth? Did I come to the right hospital? I quickly explained it wasn't chest pains. My oxygen was really low so they quickly put me on oxygen and put an iv in. The problem: blood clots in my lungs. The culprit: birth control. I was released on Monday from the hostpial with restricted orders to stay home until the doc gave the green light to go back. I also had to give myself shots daily...oi-vey. Do ya'll know how much I hate needles? Surprisingly it wasn't that bad. It burned for a few seconds once the needle came out but it was such a small needle. So far, I'm back at work (after a full week off) and taking oral meds once a day. I was having to go once a week to have my INR (blood level) taken but as of two weeks ago I'm down to every two weeks.

July... nothing real exciting. Full force of getting ready for the 2010 Susan G Komen Kansas City Race for the Cure. Jax and I stayed home for the 4th - he was scared of the fireworks. Poor guy! I did go back to Iowa for a week and it was great being able to spend time with family and friends, never long enough!

August... started off with my BFF coming down for the weekend. Loved having her here and wish we could see each other more often. The following weeeknd was the Race and man was it HOT. But, it went very well and I'm ready for 2011! We had our post-race celebration a few weeks later, it was good to see everyone out of their Komen gear and being able to relax!

September has brought some major life changes and I hoping for a job change. I am ready for the challenge in both my personal and professional life!

I think thats all for now... I'm going to do a separate post with some pics since blogger always messes up a post if I add pictures after I write.

0 comments: