Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yesterday I completed my 2nd of 2 classes I had to take at Wayside Waifs to be a volunteer. I can now go socialize with the kittens / cats and walk the dogs. Training yesterday was... somewhat helpful but oh so boring. I walked a dog named Diva, such a sweet sweet lab. I plan on going out one night this week before I leave for Iowa.

I chopped my hair off! Well, I didn't - my friend Carrie did. I absolutely love it. It takes me all of about 8 minutes to completely dry and style it. It used to take me 10 minutes just to dry my hair!

My head is still very sore, I wonder if it hasn't been what my headaches yesterday and today have been from.

I went to church today. First time in over a year. I sobbed. Literally. It was the kids Christmas program this morning, which... it wasn't my favorite kids program I've seen, but it was very cute nonetheless. They had a soldier speak who has been back for 10 days from Kosovo and was getting ready to deploy again today. He couldn't speak for the first few minutes as he sobbed. Joy to him was playing Wii with his son, talking to his daughter, being able to hug his wife. The things a lot of us take for granted. The pastor seems incredible. He cried multiple times, I felt like I was at home ;)

I leave for Iowa a week from today and will be there for 14 days. I made sure I was going to be there for awhile as I don't plan on going back somewhere between April - June.

I have one person left to shop for, my 8 year old nephew. When asked what he wants, he says either a 4-wheeler or a 50 inch plasma TV. I know, right? He'll probably end up with cash from me. That way he can spend it on a game for his PSP or something else he's been eyein.

Not sure I'll get around to posting before I leave for Iowa, or Christmas... if not, I hope everyone has a very Merry, safe and happy Christmas!

0 comments: