Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

It feels like it has been forever since I've wrote anything... I'm sure I'll be all over the place with this post as things "come back to me".


Just when I think things at work can not get any more hectic, the ceo is coming to town this week. So between trying to get things ready for vacation 2 weeks ago, preparing for month end, I also had additional work added with the team coming to the branch. Lets hope I don't pull out all my hair by the time Thursday gets here :)


My phone bit the bullet Thursday night (the week before Thanksgiving). I had intentions of going to the store Friday night, but we went to the bar instead. I thought I'd try calling into Customer Care Friday night, they told me I'd have ot go into the store, which was closed for the night. Saturday morning (the day I was supposed to be leaving for Iowa, so I was late getting on the road) I ran into the store and with my luck, they didn't have any of my phones in stock. Imagine that! I had to wait until Wednesday to get a different one...we'll see how long this one lasts.


I get to Iowa Saturday evening...to find out Mom is watching the kids. We had fun but damn I was tired come Sunday. Early in the week, Mom's pc crapped out on us. Thankfully I had brought my work pc as I had planned on working some ... but that meant I couldn't do anything besides work... no email, no facebook, no blog... UGH! And with having no phone... I was going crazy!


Thanksgiving was good. Food was delish, company was good, but we were missing my Uncle J and family. Very difficult Thanksgiving in that manner. My Aunt J and Mom and I made a trip to Burlington Thursday night to see them though.


Mom and I left their house at 4:15 Black Friday morning... with the kids and Dad at home sleeping. Our last stop was Target, where we stood in line for TWO FREAKIN hours. Target was SO messed up when it came to checking people out, it could have been easily prevented but apparently Target or their management staff wasn't prepared for Black Friday.


Saturday, Mom and I went to CR for hair cuts... I have hardly any hair left... still getting used to it but I think I like it. HUGE adjustment. I didn't get any pictures of it Saturday and didn't do anything with it today, so no pics yet.


Lastly, before I show the pics... a conversation with my 8 year old nephew...


B: Aunt Kelli, give me a multiplication problem. A hard one.
Me: What is 4 x 30?
B: 120
Me: What is 3 x 30?
B: 90
Me: Good Job, B.
B: Aunt Kelli, give me something harder.


Seriously? 2nd grader who is asking for multiplication problems? I don't remember doing multiplication until 3rd grade. Oh, and he can spell transportation and enthusiastically.


A conversation with M...


My Mom: M, what do you want for Christmas?
M: White socks
Mom: Why white socks?
Not going to post her answer...
Me: so you want purple socks?
M: (very stearnly) No, white.
Me: how about pink?
M: (deeper voice) No, WHITE.
Me: can I get you purple with green polka-dots?
M: (even more deep and stearn) No, I said I wanted W H I T E.

So, M will be getting white socks for Christmas and she's pretty serious about getting white socks!

M taking a bath... I had to edit some of the pics ;o)

Medusa




She loved looking at herself in the mirror.

The goop afterwards.

Watching TV
B flying out of Grandpa's chair
coming in for the landing

Isn't he freakin adorable?








Hope ya'll had a Happy and safe Thanksgiving! Hope you survived Black Friday! Have a great week!

0 comments: