Friday, March 16, 2012

2nd scariest moment of my life to date

I know I'll look back on this one day soon and laugh... but today it has me shaken.

Just a bit ago, J was acting like he was going to vomit. I'm trying to get him outside, and right out the door we go without a leash. He's never off his leash. Normally it takes him a minute or so to get all of it out, so I thought I had time to get his leash on him - today not so much. He kinda prances around and normally if I say "let's go for a ride" he's by my side ready to go. Again, today, not so much. I panic. I grab my key fob, and his leash and open the door. Take a peak around out front - no J. More panic sets in. To the NW of me is some pasture area. I'm driving around (knowing he'll get in the car with me if I see him because he loves to go for rides) yelling his name. Nothing. I get back around in front of my house, stop - getting ready to call for help when I see him. I holler his name, get out of the car and he jumps right in ready to go. Across the street and into the garage we went! I'm still shaking thinking about it. Turkey.

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

I would have been shaking too. That's my worst nightmare losing my dog.